Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, the Wilmington Senior Center has taken precautionary measures to protect your health, safety and overall well-being. The following are the new guidelines for entering, visiting or attending activities at the center. They apply to everyone who is in the Center at any given time, and they must be adhered to. As guidelines change we will keep you informed.
The following practices are required of anyone entering the Center:
- Wear face coverings except in private office spaces. Individuals are asked to supply their own face coverings, but WSC will maintain a supply for those who don’t have another source.
- Be screened upon entrance to the building or bus each day of attendance with temperature check and health screening form. (See questions below)
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering the building. Hand sanitizing stations are located in various areas in the center.
- STAY HOME or go home if ANY symptoms of illness exist.
- Practice physical distancing (at least 3 feet from others) at all times.
- Practice good personal hygiene, washing hands for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching eyes, nose, face or mouth with unwashed hands.
Individuals who do not follow these requirements will be asked to leave the building.
Changes in activities and procedures:
- In order to ensure physical distancing in all spaces, a maximum number of participants has been determined for each room. Registration is required for most activities.
- Meals can be ordered to take home at noon each day.
- Our staff will clean and disinfect rooms, high contact areas, bus, and equipment at least once daily.
- All food must be individually wrapped or served by an assigned WSC or City Fare staff member.
- We will use a “Touch-Free Check-In” option with our My Senior Center registration system.